This page is intended to provide an overview of our Student Ministries. We believe that connections are best made in person, not over the internet, so we encourage you to join us on a Sunday morning so we can get to know you! If you have questions before you come, please do not hesitate to contact DCE Laura Pulliam for more details on any of these ministries.
Education Hour Class | Students in 6th grade through college meet upstairs in the Ministry Building for age-appropriate Bible study.
Confirmation | We offer confirmation program options for both youth and adults. Youth confirmation classes are taught by Lay Minister Butch Watson and Pastor Mark Pulliam. Every student wishing to become a communicant member of the Lutheran Church is required to go through a two-year period of instruction. Normally, confirmation instruction begins upon entering the 7th grade and is completed at the end of the 8th grade school year. This class meets each Sunday morning September through May (9:45-10:45 am). In addition, confirmation students have the opportunity to attend two retreats at Camp Lone Star: one in October and the other in May. Confirmation instruction covers the six chief parts of Christian doctrines as well as notable Bible stories. In addition, students will complete a “faith project” that helps them develop their faith beyond an intellectual understanding – taking faith from the head to the heart and hands! Upon satisfactory completion of instruction and with the recommendation of the pastor, a youth can be confirmed and receive communion. Confirmation Sunday is typically held May.
Sunday Night Bible Study | Middle school & high school students meet on Sunday nights from 6:00-8:00 pm in the youth room for dinner, Bible study, and a game or activity. Sunday night Bible study meets almost every Sunday night from the second Sunday in September through the last Sunday in April.
Mission Trips | We believe that service is a crucial component in teaching students humility, generosity, and servant-leadership. Every summer, junior high students participate in Summer Serve. High school students also participate in a service project or trip each year. Additionally, students and their families are encouraged to participate in our bi-annual Day of Service and annual Spring Serve.
- Welcome Weekend is a special event to kick off and celebrate a new school year!
- Mess Fest is a opportunity to have a little “good clean fun” while making a mess and being reminded that even while we were still a mess and covered in our own sin, Christ died for us.
- Confirmation retreat is an opportunity for our 7th & 8th grade students to continue their confirmation studies in a camp setting.
- Winter Retreat is an opportunity for our 9th-12th grade students to get to know one another and dig deeply into the Bible in a camp setting.
- GloryBound & National Youth Gathering (NYG) are high school summer youth gatherings sponsored by the LCMS. They are offered every 3 years.